Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully these terms and conditions of contract. In paying a deposit, you agree to be bound by these conditions.
Whilst every effort is taken to ensure all information displayed on our website is accurate, we are not able to guarantee that the site is free of errors or faults.
We reserve the right to change information published on the site at any time.
Once we have received your booking, we will, subject to availability, confirm your arrangements by issuing a confirmation. This confirmation will be sent to the email you’ve registered with your booking. Please check this confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information which appears on the confirmation or any other document appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. We will take no responsibility for any errors in any documentation except where those errors are caused by us. Subject to this, we regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any document within 5 days of our sending it out. We will do our best to rectify any mistake notified to us outside these time limits but you must meet any costs involved in doing so. The only exception to this requirement to meet costs is where the mistake in question was made by us and there is good reason why you did not tell us about it within the time limit.
The owner of Villa Achara reserves the right, without liability or right of compensation, to prohibit or restrict any activity, or cancel or alter any service or itinerary, without notice, in their absolute discretion.
It is the responsibility of each client to check all details of their itinerary against their instructions and advise within 5 days of any errors or discrepancies. If no notification of any errors or discrepancies is received, it will be assumed that all details are correct. All corrections requested not within a reasonable time or after the payment of any trip segment will be treated as a change to the booking and may incur consequential fees.
Payment of the deposit or invoice, or any part thereof, is deemed to be acknowledged, and acceptance by you and your travel party of the terms and conditions of your booking.
Although the quoted price is correct at the time of your enquiry or booking, taxes, surcharges or currency fluctuation may change at any time at the discretion of the service provider, all of which may affect prices that have been provided.
Conversion rates are calculated by a third party provider and the accuracy is beyond our control. Please double check currency conversions with your local bank.
Payment is accepted via:
- Bank transfer / International wire to our Indonesian account
- Payment via Bank transfer. Please be noted that your bank may impose foreign exchange fees and other fees associated with international transfers. All bank transfer fees are to be covered by the sender bank in full, this also includes possible charges of intermediating banks chosen by the initial sender bank in order to process and finalise payment. Please also check with your bank what the local bank currency is in order to maximise accuracy. In case of any difference in the total requested and received amount the guest will be notified at the time of payment confirmation by Villa Achara. A payment difference requires to be settled through the provided payment option of preference before the arrival date of booking interest.
- Payment via transferwise.com is the easiest, most accurate and cheapest way of transferring payments to a foreign bank. We recommend this payment option to most of our guests, to process payment via this safe and reliable online payment system. Easy step by step instructions are available on the transferwise.com website.
- Payment via Paypal is fast, easy and accessible for almost any type of credit card. Please do note that Paypal issues a surcharge of 4,4% which will be added to your total amount. A payment request will be sent to your email.
Any deposit paid will be accepted as part payment of the total cost of the booking. Payments of deposits are due within 48 hours after booking is made, otherwise the booking may not be accepted or may be cancelled without further notice.
Any last minute bookings are required to be fully paid via Paypal.
- 50% deposit is payable within 48 hours of your booking being made. The outstanding balance is due 31 days prior to arrival.
- For stays of 3 nights or less, full payment is required within 48 of the reservation being made.
- If a booking is made within 31 days of arrival, full payment is required within 48 of the reservation being made.
- For any Non-Refundable bookings, Full payment is required within 48 hours of the reservation being made.
No booking is guaranteed until payment is received.
Failure to make the final payment by the due date will entitle Villa Achara to cancel your booking whereupon the deposit paid shall be forfeited.
All prices are subject to change until final payment has been made.
All prices are subject to change without prior notice due to currency fluctuation, fuel prices and/or unforeseen economic circumstances.
Should you wish to make an amendment to your booking after it has been confirmed you must advise us as soon as possible. Whilst we will try to assist you we regret amendment requests cannot always be met. Where an amendment can be made, any costs incurred by ourselves and any costs or charges incurred or imposed by any of the suppliers (hotels or airlines) of your arrangements need to be paid by you. The minimum fee for booking amendments is 20USD.
If you change the number of people booked, the total price of your booking will be re-calculated for the new party size. If you wish to make any change to the booking while on holiday (e.g. upgrading accommodation or extending your stay), all requests are subject to availability and any extra cost must be paid immediately.
If you wish to cancel a confirmed booking, you must advise us as soon as possible by email. Cancellation charges will apply and will be calculated as set out below.
- If a booking is cancelled 31 days or more prior to arrival 50% of the total reservation will be charged.
- If a booking is cancelled 1- 30 days prior to arrival 100% of the total price of the reservation will be charged.
- In case of a no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
- No refund will be given for reduction of stay once checked in.
If you are eligible for a refund once a booking has been cancelled, the balance less any non-refundable amounts will be forwarded to you upon receipt of the refund from the applicable operator. Refunds take upward of 8 weeks to process. Refunds are not available for accommodation, or any other services not utilised after travel has commenced.
Villa Achara shall not be liable to you or any other person in the event that, due to any reason whatsoever, satisfactory surf is not available, perceived or expected climatic patterns or oceanic occurrences do not occur, the surf is of too great a magnitude or is beyond your capabilities or comfort zones, or atmospheric or oceanic visibility is impaired or any sporting or leisure activity is too dangerous or is restricted. These matters are solely at your risk and you engage in all activities at your own choice at all times. Villa Achara is not required to assess or monitor your capabilities or participation in any such activity nor advise or update you on any such matter.
Circumstances beyond our control
Villa Achara cannot accept any liability or pay any compensation in case of any personal injury or sickness during your travel or stay. As well as travel interruptions due to Balinese festivals/religious ceremonies, airline cancellations, failure of deposit to arrive, loss of personal belongings and loss of travel arrangements.
As well as in cases where you suffer any damage or loss as a result of "force majeure". In these General Terms & Conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include volcanic eruptions, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
Personal safes are provided in every room. Guests are encouraged to use these for their valuables. There will be no liability taken by villa Achara.
Please note, it is the requirements and standards of the country in which any services which make up your holiday are provided which apply to those services. As a general rule, these requirements and standards will not be the same as in Australia, Europe or the US and may sometimes be lower.
We strongly recommend that you take out a comprehensive insurance to protect you and all those that accompanying you for the full time of your visit against illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellations and other travel contingencies. We also strongly recommend a health insurance that covers medical evacuation for emergencies.
Please be advised that Indonesian laws can be much more severe than those of other jurisdictions for certain violations of the law, particularly in regard to illegal drugs, illegal substances or prostitution. The Death Penalty is enforceable for drug related crimes. Please understand these strict policies are for the protection of tourists and the property owners and managers.